Thursday, June 23, 2011

Ahhh, Nonnina.

Oggi, doppo classe, sono andata al negozio delle scarpe. Sono stata emozionanta per comprare sandali itliani. Non ho trovato qualsiasi che mi piace perché tutto sono più caro. Però, ho trovato un paio che ho dovuto comprare. Sebbene sono state caro, sono comode e penso che sia bene quando vado a Roma. Perché ho visto la città d'amore l'anno scorso (e perché ho spesso i miei soldi sui sandali), questa vita sarò andare ai posti che sono gratis. Sono emozionanta per il catacomb e la chiesa con Moses di Michelangelo. Il Vaticano è gratis per l'ultimo domenica della mese anche. Penso che, dopo ritornerò a Siena, io sappia che siena sia la città ottima.

Tomorrow we leave for Rome and I am already a little bit sad to leave this beautiful city and I know I will miss our nonna. She is seriously a riot. Yesterday she went to the beach and was telling me how tan she got. Then she lifted up her shirt to show me her tan lines---sans bra---and I had to hold in my laughs. I have now seen what a 77 year old Italian woman's breasts look like. Not too shabby. Ha! Tonight at dinner (delicious chicken that was so tender it practically slid off the bone, sauteed red and yellow peppers, fresh salad, and watermelon) we were telling nonna how nice she is and she called herself buona "delicious." It was soooo funny. Then she was teasing Edie, which we of course didn't understand, and called her a "permarossa" or something like that, which means someone who doesn't play along with the joke. After dinner she took us around her garden and I was so impressed with how much she has! Zucchini, tomatoes, pears, plums, melons, peppers, all kinds of herbs like basil and rosemary. It was amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment