Sunday, August 7, 2011

Domenica

Questa mattina è stata l'ultima domenica nel ramo di Siena. Era molto triste. Mi mancano già i membri e loro fede. Il presidente mi ha detto che non mi dimentica mai. Mi piace la nostra chiesa perché è uguale in tutto il mondo. I membri sono i miei fratelli e le mie sorelle sebbene che parliamo lingue diverse. Il vangelo porta felicità ai tutti. Sono fortunata che lo abbia nella mia vita.

Today was my last Sunday in the Siena branch. It was so much sadder than I thought it would be. I will miss the members here. I will miss their testimonies and their faith. They have been such wonderful examples to me over the course of these last couple months. The branch president took my hands in his and told me that he would never forget me. I held back tears as I looked at this man who has done so much for the tiny branch of Siena, who does so much for the church. I will miss him calling us his "sheeps."

After church, I said goodbye to my jazz festival friends and then had lunch with Matt and Kristen McCullough. We went on a walk through the Oca contrada's territory, including the stunning Chapel and home of Santa Caterina. I was amazed at the mosaic floors. They were seriously so beautiful. We ended our walk by going to Mass in the Duomo. The cathedral is stunning. Seriously. Google images. The black and white stone is so cool, and the entire floor is covered in mosaics. Apparently I'm really into mosaic floors these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment