C'è stato uno sciopero nazionale per gli autobus oggi. Heather, Edie, ed io non abbiamo potuto andare alla città per lavoro, quindi stavamo camminando circa la campagna. Tutto. Siamo camminate all'Aquacalda a comprare "magnum mini's." C'è state cioccolate con caramel e doppio cioccolate. Erano buonissimi. Sono camminato a solo al negozio di vestiti che avevo visto prima. Ho comprato una sciarpa e tre paia di orecchini. E poi sono andata alla casa dell'altra nonna per visitare la mia amica Amanda. Lo sciopero non era tanto emozionante quanto avevo pensato sarebbe. Mi piace lavorare. Mi piace la città. Gli scioperi sono noioso.
There was a national bus strike today so we couldn't get into the city to go to work. We were excited at first, thinking we could make this day a pool day, but it was cloudy. Makenna and I went to a bar for breakfast because I was craving orzo, which is like coffee but instead of coffee beans its made with barley. I went running and showered, and then spent the rest of the day walking around basically. I felt like being alone today so I went shopping and took the long way everywhere I went. Tuscany is truly beautiful. Several times today, I looked around and wondered how I ended up here. I adore it. The people are so nice and so understanding of my lingual imperfections. Twice while I was walking Italians pulled over to ask me for directions. I was absolutely no help at all to a woman, but she just smiled at me and told me I was bella.
My conversation skills are slowly but surely getting better. I have been making more of an effort to talk to Italians and to practice thinking in Italian and I believe it is helping. I think I'm going to be thrown through a loop when we go to Barcelona in a few weeks. Spanish? What? Che? Que? I hope it won't be too confusing.
I have been here for a month. I don't believe it. One more, and then back to America, where people don't know how to cook pasta and there are shopping carts at the grocery store. Weird.
Sounds absolutely amazing.
ReplyDelete