Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Via Squadra America!

Ieri è stato la prima volta nella mia vita che non sono stata negli Stati Uniti per il giorno di indipendenza. Sono andata al lavoro, ho fato il mio bucato alla lavenderia (molto caro!! 8 euro!), e dopo ho mangiato un gelato con la caramella a McDonalds. Gli americani e i missionari sono incontrati alla chiesa per cena. Abbiamo mangiato i hamburger e le patate fritte. Non erano molto buono, ma era per l'America.

Yesterday was the first time in my life that I was not in the United States for Independence Day. I went to work like usual, did some very expensive laundry (8 euro for one load?? That's like $12!), and went to McDonalds for a caramel sundae. Not quite as good as gelato, but very patriotic of me. For dinner, the Americans and missionaries got together at the church to grill hamburgers. They weren't super delicious, but it was for America.

The museum gets more and more fun everyday. Today we unpacked some larger items, including this huge, heavy, very fragile vase. I was terrified I was going to drop it as I handed it to Debora, who was up on a ladder. I can't imagine what I would do if I was responsible for breaking an artifact that size and thousands of years old. Yikes. On the bright side, the amount of boxes and drawers scattered all over the floors and tables is slowly diminishing. Within the next couple of weeks, we should be a lot more organized.

We're going to Venice this weekend! I am very excited for this trip. It is a super expensive city, so we are only staying one night, but Liz found us an apartment in the city that is pretty inexpensive split between 7 girls, and I get to go to the Guggenheim Museum there. Can't even contain my excitement. I think we will also be going to Morano(?) to see all the glass blowing stuff, which will also be great. I refuse to gondola ride (I'll save that for when I have a man with me sometime), but if a speedboat opportunity arises, I wouldn't mind getting my Italian Job on.

2 comments:

  1. YES! Italian job! Can we make that happen?! [aka keep our eyes open for potential speedboats?] ok, perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO jealous! :) LOVED your post girlie! :) I celebrated the 4th of July in China back in 2008. It was SOO crazy. I was staying in a hostel in Beijing and it was pouring down rain. We were hanging out with people from Denmark, Holland, Jerusalem, and a few other places. We ordered a couple of hamburgers...def not the same...ha but we did it for AMERICA! :) Then the hostel started flooding!! So everyone got together and got buckets and carried water out...It was CRAZY! :) Anyways, you made me think of that story with your wonderful story. That was the only time I had to celebrate the 4th outside of the U.S.

    Well, I miss you so much Michelle! I haven't seen you in foreverrrr. :( I am sad! BUT good news. I might be moving to UTAH!! :) We def have to hang out! I am sad we only hung out like once or twice when I was up in Utah! We DEF need to make up for a LOT of time lost. I miss you girl! :) xoxox Have fun in Italy!! Enjoy it for me! I want to go there SO bad!! :( xo <3 you

    ReplyDelete