Heather ed io abbiamo incontrato la nostra direttrice quattro giorni fa. Si chiama Debora e lei è un'archeologa. Ha capelli corti e rossi e occhi blu. Ha una personalità allegra e lei ricicla. Quando Debora corre, le sue gambe sono strette e i suoi piedi puntano fuori. Il suono del suo telefonino è la canzione dallo spettacolo "Friends" dagli Stati Uniti. Sono stata nervosa per la prima giornata dello stage. Non sapevo che pensare. Per la prim'ora abbiamo letto un libro del museo. Abbiamo imparato della storia e le arte. Era molta interessante. Dopo, abbiamo aiutato la nostra direttrice con un progetto. Debora sta facendo un giro d'audio per il museo della archeologia e ci ha voluto trovare gli immagini che lei ha avuto bisogno. Heather ed io abbiamo cercto ai tanti cd e abbiamo trovato i immagini.
La seconda giornata era più interrativo. Noi attualmente abbiamo potuto trattare gli oggetti vecchi. C'era i vasi e gli attrezzi che hanno 2.000 anni. Era incredibile. Adoro il mio stage. Il lavoro è migliore di che ero pensato. Amo l'arte e penso che mi diverte. Non posso aspettare per lunedì!
My internship is seriously incredible. I never really thought I was very interested in archeology until I found myself working hands on with ancient artifacts. Its amazing! I'm handling funerary objects and vases from the Etruscans! How cool is that?? We have mostly been doing inventory and organization because the storage room is a mess, and it is a huge undertaking. I definitely won't be sitting around looking pretty for the next 7 weeks, and I am very happy about that.
The palio is tomorrow (wiki it) and the city has been alive with excitement this whole week. Of the seventeen contradas of Siena, 10 are racing tomorrow. Everywhere you go there are crowds singing the Palio song at the top of their lungs. Everyone is wearing the bandiera of their favorite team. On tuesday, the horses were assigned and the piazza was filled with hundreds of excited italians and ten very scared horses. The rivalries are intense, and a huge brawl broke out right in front of where Makenna and I were standing. We took off running so as not to get a flying fist to the face and it lasted for a good 20 minutes before the police could separate the groups. Wednesday night they had a prova, a practice race, and the piazza was completely filled with people there to watch. I can't imagine what tomorrow will be like. At the prova this morning, a horse dropped dead. That is a huge bad omen and the people of that contrada are devastated. They won't be racing tomorrow for sure. In fact, because of the huge hail/rain storm we just had over the last few hours, there might not be a race tomorrow at all. They will postpone it until there is better weather because the horses can't run in the mud.
Speaking of running, last night was actually pretty cool, so Makenna and I went on a run. The Tuscan countryside is so incredibly beautiful, and I feel so lucky to be here. It felt so good to exercise after eating so much tortellini, chicken, bread, and peaches. I never get tired of food, but I have become a bit of a pizza snob. All this talk of food is making me hungry......
No comments:
Post a Comment